A blog for any man, woman or transgender, who feels physics could be more welcoming to the feminine.

Purpose of this blog

I did a PhD in astrophysics, then taught physics for 15 years, and always thought I was enjoying what I was doing. I then started a degree in science education. In my sociology class, I reflected on the low number of female physicists, which led me to explore issues of science and gender, and history of science. I became aware that for 25 years I had been conforming to a persona that wasn't me, a persona that never dared to be fully feminine. I became more aware of the hidden messages in textbooks and of the features of the physics sub-culture. It has been a liberating experience. It has open new areas of exploration in my work. I have met women who have a lot of fascinating stories to tell about their journey in physics.

This is a place to share thoughts, emotions and references. It is not meant to be a feminist platform, however feminists are welcome. This is a blog for any one, man, woman and transgender, who feels physics could be more welcoming to the feminine.

No comments: